Whether they’re in the middle of tough exams, laid-up sick in bed or simply struggling through a trying week, sometimes the best thing you can do for loved ones away from home is send them a taste of home. Send the gift of comfort with these care package ideas:
- Pack a soothing kit of pampering products, such as aromatic oils, bath salts, soaps and lotions
- Offer them a creative outlet with a fancy journal, and arts and crafts supplies
- Make them laugh with a funny movie, or warm their hearts with nostalgia from an old favorite you’ve enjoyed together
- Don’t forget to personalize your package! Include a framed photo along with a note, signed by you and other friends and family too
- Nothing says home like fresh-from-the-oven treats. Bake up a batch of cookies, like Chai Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, to send them a taste of hand-baked love.
- Put together a warm-up kit, including an artsy mug, a recipe for a hot chai drink and all the ingredients for making it.
While you compile your care package, get inspired by those who have shown their care and dedication to our country. Oregon Chai continues to offer its support to loved ones who have made and continue to make incredible sacrifices while away from home. With over one million Care Packages of Oregon Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix packets sent to active duty military as well as veterans, we’re working to spread a greater sense of warmth to those who most need it.
Learn more about Operation Gratitude here: http://www.oregonchai.com/our-story/good-to-the-community/.