The combination of fine espresso and decadent chocolate is the perfect mood booster, whether you’re looking to unwind with a good book on the porch or energize before a long day of fun in the sun. This summer, indulge yourself and make good use of your homemade Oregon Café Mocha Latte.
1. Watch the sunrise from somewhere new. This summer you’ll finally do it. Wake up when it’s still dark and the birds have just started chirping. Simply add a little Mocha Latte concentrate to some warm milk, and you’ll have a steaming travel mug of deliciousness to keep you company on your journey. Pick your favorite picnic blanket, find a new spot in nature and feel the day come to life. Sunrise: check.
2. Read a whole book in one day. Grab a good book—a romance novel, a dog-eared favorite or the latest in a fantasy series—and set up poolside. Skip the café line and save yourself a little money with an iced mocha from home. A day lounging in the sun and a whole book from cover to cover will leave you feeling accomplished and rejuvenated.
3. Write a letter. Clear off that cluttered desk, open the windows wide and settle down with a steaming mocha and some colorful stationery. Write a family member you haven’t spoken to in ages or even a best friend you talk to every day. A summer pen pal is a fantastic way to share your adventures—and everyone loves to get mail.
4. Bake a cake. You deserve a sweet treat every once in a while. Put on a happy playlist and reclaim the kitchen. Once you’ve made your favorite cake, top it with DIY mocha frosting for an even sweeter treat. Simply beat 5-1/3 tablespoons of butter until creamy, gradually adding 1-1/2 cups of sugar. Last, beat in an ounce of Oregon Café Mocha Latte Concentrate until the frosting is uniform in color. Go ahead, indulge a little.
5. Collect sea glass. Stroll the beach with a tumbler of iced mocha and enjoy the cool breeze and the feeling of sand between your toes. You can use the sea glass you find to build a beautiful mosaic, design your own jewelry or simply store it in a clear mason jar.
Read more crafty Oregon Chai and Oregon Café–inspired ideas and take a little Me Time for yourself.