We don’t know about you, but we’ve spent the last few cool days curled up in a worn armchair, cat in lap, mug in hand, daydreaming about our favorite thing: Vanilla Chai. Let the comforting flavor of vanilla take you back to your childhood—fresh-baked cookies just out of the oven and warm mugs to chase away the chill after some time playing outside. Or, let your imagination drift an ocean away to the island of Tahiti, where vanilla orchids grow in warm, tropical forests.
Wherever the winds whisk your daydreams, the thought got us wondering about something creative you could actually do with Vanilla Chai. Luckily, the sweet aroma of vanilla wafting from your mug is always good inspiration. Follow the instructions below for a DIY chai-scented candle to cozy up your home. It’s the perfect fragrance to complement a crisp Fall day.
Vanilla Chai-Scented Candle
What you’ll need:
2 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. ground anise seed
- Grind all spices and combine well.
- Mix spice combination, vanilla and oil in a jar. Shake well.
- Let jar warm near a sunny window for a couple days, adding spices to strengthen scent if needed. Shake jar mixture occasionally.
- Prepare your candleholder mug by taping the wick inside.
- Strain the oil and mix with melted candle wax.
- Pour the mixture into your mug and let sit for a couple hours until firm.
- Light. Inhale. Relax. Enjoy.
What have you daydreamed about lately? Share your chai musings below!